• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change of statue before OPT get expired or during grace period.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Michigan.


I am on OPT and it is going to expire on Feb 10th 2005. I have a MS degree form a US university. I want to apply for the H-1 visa on March 8th 2005.

Do I have to change my status (go back to F1) before my OPT get expired (before Feb 10th 2005)? Or I can change my status during the grace period.

Can I stay here and apply for the H-1 visa (On March 8th 2005) during the 60 days grace period without changing the status?

I will appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential