• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Birth Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jen777Hen

What is the name of your state? born in Colorado, live in Wisconsin

I am 55 years old. I found out last year that my mother's first husband who was listed on my birth certificate as my father was not my biological father. My mother passed away in 1999 without telling me anything. My BF passed away in 2005 without me ever meeting him. He had 5 other children. All 5 children knew of my existence, but I did not know any of this. I would LOVE to be able to change my birth certificate, but I cannot do it without establishing paternity. I can get an affidavit from the ex-wife of my BF who is the mother of 4 of my half siblings stating she knew of my existence and believed me to be the daughter of her ex-husband. Two of my half-brothers are willing to take legal DNA tests. Do I have any legal right to do this.

FlyingRon

It isn't going to happen. The opportunity to revise your paternity in Colorado passed a long time ago (the limit is 18 years old, or in some cases 21).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">