• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Condo Rules

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

choctaw295

What is the name of your state?Mississippi Our Board recently changed our parking rules to limit our parking in the common area to one car per unit owner. This change was not presented to the members, just implemented. I have made two personal appearances before the board to ask for reconsideration, to no avail. I have just received a letter from the Board attorney suggesting that if I don't comply, I may be sued. Can condo rules be changed at the whim of the Board without member concurrence. Please advise.

HomeGuru

choctaw295 said:
What is the name of your state?Mississippi Our Board recently changed our parking rules to limit our parking in the common area to one car per unit owner. This change was not presented to the members, just implemented. I have made two personal appearances before the board to ask for reconsideration, to no avail. I have just received a letter from the Board attorney suggesting that if I don't comply, I may be sued. Can condo rules be changed at the whim of the Board without member concurrence. Please advise.

**A: where is the rule that allows parking in the common area to begin with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">