• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing mid week visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tuffcookie

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have full custody of son, age 10.
Here, the standard order for mid-week visitation states that if the parties cannot agree to the time it shall be on Wed. from 5:30-8 PM. For 4 years I have been agreeable to the ex picking son up at after school latch key and keeping him until 9 PM. On 9-18-02 the ex picked son up at school and then called my answering machine telling me he was keeping son for the night and he had already reported him off school for the next day because they were going to play hooky. Son is in the 5th grade. I called him up and stated I expected son home at 9 PM. It never happened. The ex and I have attended conflict resolution in the past to no avail. I have consulted a lawyer and we are preparing to take the ex to court on a post decree contempt motion. I gave the ex a letter when he brought son home, stating the mid week visitation would go to the standard order of 5:30-8 PM on Wed. and he was not to pick son up at school in the future. I met with the principal and latch key personnel. I supplied each with copies of the custodial order and visitation schedule. Today the ex went to the school, against my letter, and picked our son up. Is my son's school liable for releasing son against my wishes and while having a copy of the custodial order and visitation schedule on file?

TC

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Tuffcookie said:

"Sorry, this is so long."

=====================================

My response:

Please follow ALL of the instructions of this forum - -

"To receive the most complete legal information to your question,
YOU MUST INCLUDE THE STATE NAME
Be Brief - To The Point - Type In Lower Case Letters.
Please help us help you!"

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Tuffcookie said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio
I have full custody of son, age 10.
Here, the standard order for mid-week visitation states that if the parties cannot agree to the time it shall be on Wed. from 5:30-8 PM. For 4 years I have been agreeable to the ex picking son up at after school latch key and keeping him until 9 PM. On 9-18-02 the ex picked son up at school and then called my answering machine telling me he was keeping son for the night and he had already reported him off school for the next day because they were going to play hooky. Son is in the 5th grade. I called him up and stated I expected son home at 9 PM. It never happened. The ex and I have attended conflict resolution in the past to no avail. I have consulted a lawyer and we are preparing to take the ex to court on a post decree contempt motion. I gave the ex a letter when he brought son home, stating the mid week visitation would go to the standard order of 5:30-8 PM on Wed. and he was not to pick son up at school in the future. I met with the principal and latch key personnel. I supplied each with copies of the custodial order and visitation schedule. Today the ex went to the school, against my letter, and picked our son up. Is my son's school liable for releasing son against my wishes and while having a copy of the custodial order and visitation schedule on file?

TC

My response:

The school has no liability because the school is not a party to the court orders. All the school knows is that the man is the child's father, and as such, must release the child to his parent.

This problem is between you, your ex-husband, and the court. Period.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">