• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing Trademark Class Type

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mokuzz

Virginia.
Hello, I have filed a registration for a trademark but realized I have put a different class type when registering. I have just filed it about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't be reviiewed with any Atty's office yet. How should I take care of this to change to the correct class type? It is a bit confusing but with some advice I should be able to get an idea.

Last edited:

divgradcurl

Virginia.
Hello, I have filed a registration for a trademark but realized I have put a different class type when registering. I have just filed it about 2 weeks ago and it hasn't be reviiewed with any Atty's office yet. How should I take care of this to change to the correct class type? It is a bit confusing but with some advice I should be able to get an idea.
You can correct this via a preliminary amendment. Preliminary Amendment Form

mokuzz

Thanks, I did it. I had help of 2 others to get me through it. Wife, understands more from reading, and a friend. Hopefully it went well. I haven't received an e-mail confirmation yet but they said it was successful change. Changed from Class 35 to Class 31. Had to attatch specimens and followed what they asked. Didn't say how long it'll take to show the change though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">