• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Georgia is the state. My family has a trust set up that was set up upon the death of my father and the trustee was named by my father also.The trustee is not doing what the famliy thinks he should be doing.My mother and all of my brothers and sister do not want him as trustee but he is not going to resign.How can my mother change the trustee so someone who really cares about her can protect her?
Last edited:

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Please describe EXACTLY and specifically what this trustee is doing that the beneficiaries do not agree with. Depending on what the trustee is or is not doing, there may be grounds to get him removed. Is the trustee a relative or some other professional person (such as a lawyer or accountant)?

What type of trust is this, is mother's name on it as part of the name of the trust and did a trust attorney help draft it?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])


Junior Member
Don, This trust regards property done by family atty. My brother, the trustee, has "taken care" of everything since my fathers death in 1986. We have asked questions and received no information. Mild questioning until now. There is some choice family land and pond that was put in my brothers name just before my fathers death. We questioined for years how was it being paid for. My sister finally did a deed research and discovered that 4 weeks before my dad had surgery for a brain tumor, he deeded land to my brother,written on deed is how payments are to be made. I have completed an 8 page documentary of my dads mental contition prior to is death, proving that he was not in sound mind. No payments have ever been made. My mother was never advised by him, trustee, that she had money to collect on this land. We discovered it ! She was to collect the rent for her lifetime. He convinced her that her rent she collected was also his payment to her ! I know that the deed is in his name. Now, since Christmas 2005, he is verbally agressive with her. She stays upset. She says "I am scared of him(not physically) and don't trust him." He threatened to sell all of her land, if he wanted to. I have researched the Nat.Elderly Abuse Hotl. . He falls under physological and financial abuse. How can he be removed. He says he's staying.


Senior Member
Get a lawyer and take the bad person to court and ask for an accouting (which means he may be returning everything he screwed pa out of).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential