• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing work times w/out my notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Az.guy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Az
Work part time fast food...some days come in when its slow and boss tells me to wait 1/2 hr before punching in, then changes schedual-adds 1/2 hr. to shift.

is this legal or am i being taken advantage of?

las365

During the time between when you arrive and when you punch in, can you leave and come back? Or are you required to stay there in case you are needed? Do you work even though you are not clocked in?

Under some circumstances, it is my understanding that employers are required to pay for "wait time," but I do not know the exact criteria.

It is legal for your boss to change your shift during the shift to add a 1/2 hour to the end of it. Is that what you meant by that last part?

Az.guy

During the time between when you arrive and when you punch in, can you leave and come back? Or are you required to stay there in case you are needed? Do you work even though you are not clocked in?
can leave the shop and come back, but whats the point when it's 35 degrees outside?

It is legal for your boss to change your shift during the shift to add a 1/2 hour to the end of it. Is that what you meant by that last part? yes but it's done w/out my consent or notification...

stupid job i got for beer money!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They do not need to have your consent to change your hours; nor do they have to notify you in advance of it. If you can leave and come back you are not due pay for the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">