• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapeter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandajill20

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I just finished my signing for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. I am schedualed to go to court next month. When my husband died of cancer four years ago I was left with nearly 150,000 in medical expenses, and we were also running our own business before his sickness and I was left with nearly $40,000 from that. Bankruptcy was my last resort, I tried credit couseling and even they determined that me alone with 3 children could not repay the debts. Anyway, my question is ... I heard that there is away to have bankruptcy off your record after 2 years if you follow certain steps, is that true? Also this is a hypathetical ... what happens if I get remarried somewhere down the road?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">