• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 10 Under Other than Honorable Conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awalker88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

I was discharged from the Army with OTH conditions. I was deployed at the time and going through combat stress. I got into an altercation with a fellow soldier who had a male SGT in our tent after midnight. The situation turned physical. There were vulgar text messages sent back and forth between the other female soldier and myself. Some things were said to be more of a scare tactic to end the situation quicker and get the male soldier out but those messages ended up being used against me during the investigation of the situation. The female soldier and I were both SPC and the male SGT was also married. I was given the option to go to court martial and risk going to prison or take a deal and be discharged. Being scared to go to prison I chose the discharge. The company that first initiated the investigation were getting ready to go home and chose to hand the paperwork over to my LT for her to do what she pleased with the situation. She handed it over to a new unit that came in as replacement who knew nothing about the fight that happened three months prior and they chose for me to risk prison time or get discharged. Nothing happened to the other soldiers. I was the only one punished. I was given a RE-Code 4. This was the first time I had ever been in any kind of trouble throughout my time in the military. I feel that the extent of my punishment was unjust and would like to reenlist into the military if possible. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">