• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 13 effective date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

percias72

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I'm curious to know when the Chapter 13 actually takes affect. Is it the time of filing of the Chapter 13 or on the day approved by the trustee? For example I filed on 11/26 and the trustee meeting of creditors and approval was done on 12/18.

doucar

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I'm curious to know when the Chapter 13 actually takes affect. Is it the time of filing of the Chapter 13 or on the day approved by the trustee? For example I filed on 11/26 and the trustee meeting of creditors and approval was done on 12/18.
Takes effect for what purpose? The automatic stay goes into effect upon filing. In most district your first payment is due 30 days after you file your plan. The 10 year statute of limitations for it to appear on your credit report, begins to run when the payments are all paid and the court enters the final order of discharge.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Takes effect for what purpose? The automatic stay goes into effect upon filing. In most district your first payment is due 30 days after you file. your plan The 10 year statute of limitations for it to appear on your credit report, begins to run when the payments are all paid and the court enters the final order of discharge.
You might want to edit and remove that period after "file" and put it after "plan". Its confusing otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">