• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 13 ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

homebody1379

What is the name of your state? S.C.
my ex (divorced 6 years) lost his father feb of 2002 and inherited 2 beachfront lots in n.c. (+50k) and what is now his primary residence (valued at 65k). this july he decided to file bk and put his childsupport in the unsecured, non-priority section. since probate has not been completed neither property is deeded in his name. he listed the home as his primary residence but conveniently omitted the beach property. i hired an attorney since the family court will not pursue dead-beat dads during reorganization (57 months). by that time, the child will be over the age of 18. i mentioned the lots to my atty and he notified my ex's bk atty. ammended schedules now listing the beach property have been done. ? is this the proper order - to notify the petitioners bk atty and not the trustee? also, what kind of penalties are there for secreting assets - trying to keep them "under the radar?"

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">