• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 13 Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdwannabe

What is the name of your state? MI

Regarding Chapter 13, my fiance lives out of town. Eventually, I will be joining him, and it would be within the repayment period. Do I need to get trustee approval to move out of town and join my husband to be? What about a new job? If I make more than current salary will they readjust the payments to accomodate for the additional money coming in? Will they take it all? Same goes if I get a job making less, will they adjust it down?

bigun

You don't need anyones permission to move.
You need to speak with your lawyer about the change income.The bk code allows a plan to be modified-both up or down.

mdwannabe

What if the job is more? Would they dismiss the case? But the rent is more too. WOuld they adjust the case up?

bigun

As I stated before, the code aows for a plan to be modified to reflect changes in your circumstances.
You really need to lay out the totality of your circumstances with your attorney. The higher salary plus higher expenses just may make it a wash.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">