• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chapter 7 vs 13 your suggestion please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunsneak

What is the name of your state? Florida

ok ok

I am looking at 13 because i have an unpaid student loan in the amount of 21K, unpaid vehicle taxes up in Virginia totalling $100, and child support arrears of $68 a month.

These are the only reasons i am looking at 13 over 7....my debt is about 100k combined...your suggestions please

thanks

bigun

File a chapter 7. Those debts are not dischargable anyway but, the rest of your stuff should be discharged. If for some reason you don't qualify for a chapter 7, you'll just have to refile as a chapter 13. For the amount of debt and there appears to be some doubt in your mind about which chapter to file, I'd suggest you see a lawyer. Most will give a free initial consultration.

S

sunsneak

thanks for the reply....i thought that all of the above were reduced under 13

i talked to a lawyer and even payed him $200 but i couldnt afford to pay him the rest at all...

he told me that he is not so sure that they would be willing to discharge all my debt ie about 100K in ch 7..this kinda ties to my other question

i totally unable to come up with 800$ so i am using the online file deal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">