• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NJGrandma

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have found a local attorney who will handle a Chapter 7 for $850. Can anyone advise me if there are any special things that I must ask him to do for me? Also, will he get run a credit report for me, or is this something I must do myself? I really want to make sure that I haven't forgotten something that can come back to haunt me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A

anadude

typically you're the one that needs to get all the info together for your attorney. getting your own cr's is a good idea, because you might find some info and or creditors you weren't aware of.

C

cyana

You have to order your own credit reports. Unless you don't want credit scores it should cost you no more than $9 each. Order them directly from the sources - go to Experian.com, Transunion.com, and Equifax.com. Look for their phone numbers and order them by phone if you have at least 10 -14 days before you need the information.

If you can't wait that long, get them "online" if you have access to a printer. Do not use MyFico.com with scores unless you want to be printing forever. If you do want scores it costs $12.95 each for Equifax and Transunion FICO scores and $14.95 for the Experian "Fake" score. MyFico.com now offers the Experian FICO score - if want your score check www.creditboards.com and look for discount info.

W

WhiteRaven

Just a quick comment. I think this is the same everywhere, but here in Missouri, if you have been turned down for credit within the last 60-90 days (am unsure of the actual time frames, may be longer than that) you are entitled to a FREE copy of your credit report(s). You may want to keep that in mind in case that applies to your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">