• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charge off questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reinermom

What is the name of your state? CA

I've posted this before but maybe nobody has the answers but I'll ask again. I have a car loan, end of last year through May of this year, made payment arrangements with finance company during financially hard time. Now they tell me they've charged off the loan as of 1/31/03, & they are accepting payments and I have the vehicle. They won't send me statements ( but then again, they never have on a regular basis) They say they cannot because of the charge off status! (? can they do this, not send statements?)

Can they consider it a charge off and not give me any type of statements month to month even though they are accepting payments. I would like to have this charge off deleted but not sure how to do it. My main concern is not having statements of anything...not to mention if I call to verify a posting date, more often than not, a customer no-service person tells me I have not made a payment since November 02....what should I do? They've promised statements but none of materialized....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">