• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Charge Off's" worse than BK?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CA.

Read an article re: BK on MSN.com... it was mentioned that BK may actually be better than letting things go unpaid (Charge-Off).

I happen to want to avoid @ all cost.

If my intention is to "Pay Off" my debts when I do get back on my feet. (@ one time made a six figure salary, but have been w/o fulltime work for 2+years).
Is it better to wait & then try & communicate w/ CA & OC's when I can pay debts in full? also, will I have an opportunity to possibly negotiate possibly pulling Negs off my report if I have cash in hand? (@ least get a: "paid as negotiated" etc) or will I have to wait for a Creditor to summons me to court to neg. pay back & have court help arrange?

Thank You for all feedback/help.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">