• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chargeback fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Chargeback fraud refers to an individual who legitimately purchases goods or services with their own credit card. Then later disputes the charges through his or her financial institution as a way to be refunded the amount charged. After receiving the dispute, the cardholder’s bank immediately issues a refund from the merchant by deducting them from the merchant’s next credit card settlement including any applicable [fees].
Is your ex disputing charges made by you on joint accounts?

quincy

Like I said he has disputed about 20 charges from the last few months some his and some mine.
Perhaps it is time to speak to your ex and resolve in person all remaining financial ties between the two of you, this before thoughts of reporting fraudulent transactions which may not be fraudulent?

quincy

He won’t speak to me. Thanks anyway for your help.
As long as the bills you are responsible for paying are being paid by you out of your own account with your own money, I would not be overly worried at this point about the provisional credits. Your ex will be responsible for covering these credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">