• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged for online food order, never received. What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have limited mobility and dont drive. I depend on friends or public transpirt. Delivery is needed at times. I dont know which order to do the charge back on. They have identical numbers. I dont want to choose the wrong one.

What is a megillah and how does it relate to my situation? lol
Dispute them both - the CC will figure it out.

quincy

Im not entirely sure but Subway corporate seems to think so lol. There are recent negative reviews for them, some mentioning that their number is disconnected.
Is it possible that Subway filled the order the second time and the DoorDash driver decided s/he was hungry?

Whatever the case, I would simply go the chargeback route, providing your bank with what you know of the order, and let the bank handle it as it will. You can’t wait too long, however, or that will no longer be an option.

And, it probably goes without saying but, you probably should not order from that Subway again. :)

FarmerJ

If you write a letter send it via certified mail so you have proof of sending , ther wise I vote for signing charge back thru the bank and list reason as order never recieved - merchandise not received, If your bank knows of your moibility issue maybe they can do it via mail to you so you wont have to go in person

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
If you write a letter send it via certified mail so you have proof of sending , ther wise I vote for signing charge back thru the bank and list reason as order never recieved - merchandise not received, If your bank knows of your moibility issue maybe they can do it via mail to you so you wont have to go in person
Indeed, to use the protection of federal law the request to the credit card issuer must be in writing and needs to be sent to the address that comes with each bill for credit card disputes. Going in person to a branch bank doesn't meet the requirements of the law. And depending on how the card issuer operates, local branch officials might not have the authority to do anything about it anyway.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Looking at the original post, I now suspect this may have been a debit card and that may change the process a bit. A phone call to the bank would clear it up.

quincy

Looking at the original post, I now suspect this may have been a debit card and that may change the process a bit. A phone call to the bank would clear it up.
The use of a debit card would definitely complicate things.

Yeah, I am at this point just thinking of eating the loss at this point. Although I would have preferred to have eaten their questionable bread and meat. Allegedly, better add that lol. I suppose anything is possible with regard to the Doordash driver. Id love to know what REALLY happened but honestly dunno if Doordash would be able to help out either. Unfortunately Subway's website doesnt allow you to choose the particular restaurant when ordering delivery. And once ordered, they dont allow you to cancel. Only they can do so. They have really dropped the ball in several ways with the customer service.

quincy

Yeah, I am at this point just thinking of eating the loss at this point. Although I would have preferred to have eaten their questionable bread and meat. Allegedly, better add that lol. I suppose anything is possible with regard to the Doordash driver. Id love to know what REALLY happened but honestly dunno if Doordash would be able to help out either. Unfortunately Subway's website doesnt allow you to choose the particular restaurant when ordering delivery. And once ordered,vthey dont allow you to cancel. Only they can do so. They have really dropped the ball in several ways with the customer service.
I worked (very very briefly) at a Subway during college. I personally will never ever again eat those subs. The cookies are good, though. :)

Bali Hai Again

I worked (very very briefly) at a Subway during college. I personally will never ever again eat those subs. The cookies are good, though. :)
I didn’t want to be the first to say that I stopped eating those subs. when I personally saw them counting the paper thin slices of meat. The bread was good though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">