• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with 2nd degree threat to do bodily harm.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
The charge is PL 2

It is white and it is a criminal summons it says 10JDS Criminal Summons.
The charge is PL 240.26 01
The charge is harassment 2nd Physical Contact
Yes. That is what shows up on the court calendar.

I strongly suggest that you move out *immediately* - couch surf if necessary. You can always (arrange to) pick up your belongings at another date. Even if your mother and your other relatives and "friends" are not responding to you phone calls.

GET A LAWYER. You need one. Or listen to the one you have better.

CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS ON FACEBOOK. Yes, I'm yelling. You seem like a nice kid, with a nice job, etc., but a stranger like me shouldn't be able to access your FB complaints about your father in under 10 minutes. It is sad that your Dad put your dog to sleep without your permission. :( If you think he's toxic GET OUT. But change you FB privacy settings first.

There are resources local to your county. Some of them are need based, some are not. I think you could also use some therapy for your emotional issues. You're in conflict with your Dad, you've had conflict with your Mom - enough to get your foot checked out by the orthopedist, and you've spent a month in FB jail this year. A little emotional help couldn't hurt you, and might give the appearance that you are trying your best to calm the situation.

P.S. I don't know you IRL. But you have WAY too much information in this thread. I have reported the post with your docket # because that makes it too easy to discover your real name on NY WebCriminal.

Last edited:

quincy

angelamarie, your attorney is the one whose advice you should rely on. He will know what the possible charge means to you if you are convicted but he should also be working to get the violation reduced or dismissed so it has less of an impact on your future.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
angelamarie, your attorney is the one whose advice you should rely on. He will know what the possible charge means to you if you are convicted but he should also be working to get the violation reduced or dismissed so it has less of an impact on your future.

Good luck.
Thank you for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">