• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

charged with possesion of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mike33

i was recently charged with a class b misdemeanor (possesion of marijuana). they found two very small roaches between my seats.
my question is what are the chances of a prior felony conviction in which i have done my time and succesfully completed my parole more than three years ago for (burgulary of a motor vehicle) being brought up and or being used against me in this case?
and, should i or should i not expect to get a fine and probation, or should i expect to get jail time...
the case is in montgomery county, tx.

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks.

P

peter

Isnt it ODD that everyome who posts on these boards, who gets picked up for dui, driving without a license, all sorts of small things then realize you have a prior felony.

It really is true there is no such thing as rehabilitation.....you are a career criminal...face it.

oh it wasnt your roaches either i presume, a friend was smoking it and you didnt kick him out of the car.....yeah sure.

At least make up a story like you picked up this girl hitchiking and she smoked a little weed and you had sex with her.... that sounds plausible!

M

mike33

well peter, thank you for your insight on my problem there. no there isn't any juicy wonderful story here as much as i would like for there to be. But, i do like to smoke my pot as do many people in the world even before i was a "convicted felon"
even our wonderful president has smoked pot
but, he just didn't inhale right???
as far as me being a career criminal, not hardly just got in a jam as do alot of people from time to time. i'm a business owner and a family man who just like s to smoke every now and then and the roaches just got left in my truck gee...
ya know it is pretty bad that your life is so boring that you have to go around to bbs's like this and state your wonderful opinion that really doesn't amount to a whole lot. but, thanks for taking the time out of your miserable life to reply to my posting...

thank you
by the way nice name "PETER"

P

philly philly

dont worry about a couple roaches..here in phillly they will let u go if u have anything less than an ounce..but if your city is more strict..the judge will probably just make u take a few drug classes and thats it..im out

A

answerman

A agree with you Mike, this is not the forum to beat up on the accused and go off on a morality trip.

My best recommendation is to seean attorney as soon as possible. If you can't afford to retain your own legal counsel, the court will appoint you a public defender. Use the system and good luck. Also, make sure that the cops search of your car was legal...if not, the case cn be thrown out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">