• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges dropped, still in cop computers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hailsa10

In oct, I was cited for posession of pot. I went to all court dates, cops never showed, eventually all charges dismissed(pot and front liscense plate in wrong location). March rolls around and I was stopped for skateboarding on priv. prop. The cops ran my I.D. and came up with the possession charge. After they thoroughly searched myself and 3 other individuals they let us go. Am I able to remove the charge from my record or profile? The other possible important factor is that orig. citing officer was park police and also the second run in with the law was park police. Any info would be much appreciated.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, as far as the park police go, because parks are city property and thus an arm of the State (indirectly), they may have special rights to act in the capacity of police officers and make charges and citations in order to keep the peace and safety of the city.

If your charges were dismissed, I would call and get this information in writing (the court order) and then have it cleared with your local police department (go down to the police station with the physical paperwork and watch them change it in the computer). Call back a couple of days later and ask them to run a check to make sure it is erased. NOW, WHEN YOU GO TO THE POLICE STATION, PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY DRUGS ON YOU!!!

Anyway, drugs are bad for you. they kill brain cells (and believe me, we could all use the brain cells we have).

hope this helps.

T

Tracey

I don't know that you can get the arrest purged. In Washington, the state computers maintain a 'Sheriff's Inquiry Database' that records all contacts a person has with police (arrests, convictions, suspect in a crime, witness, victim). This database is not public information, but police rely on it when deciding whether they have probable cause to search for drugs, or whether to let a driver off with a warning.

Stop skateboarding on private property and don't carry any drugs or illegal knives with you ever. Don't ever give police permission to search you or your house or car. If police search & find drugs on you again, you can argue in court that they lacked probable cause to search you.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">