• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chest cold won't go away, feel like whining today, please bear w/ me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahutchGA

What is the name of your state? GA

Hey everybody! My chest cold from over the weekend has not gone away and I now sound like Darth Vader.

It doesn't hurt or anything, but I've made a dr. appt. for tomorrow (can't get one for today and it would be better financially to do it tomorrow anyway).

My job is going to be ticked. I left work Sat. night b/c I felt so awful, and called out Sunday. I told my supv. that I'd be going to a dr. if I didn't get better. was scheduled off Monday and Tuesday anyway, so I was hoping I'd start to feel better. But no....

Not that I mind not being at Large Retail Store, but I don't want to look like a deadbeat. I have a very strong work ethic, and I hate being out, but I can't go in sounding like this.

I have sick and vacation time available, but layoffs and budget cuts are running rampant in the company (despite the recent no-tax weekend in GA!).

Anyway...
Hope everyone is doing well. Sniff. Cough. Hack.

Talk to you later! Thanks for listening to me whine!

:)

kidoday

I have a salaried job and have been working 9 hour days to bank time for upcoming court days. I definately do not want to use my vacation days for court. I am not going to get sc***** out of them for him. God forbid I get sick.

Hope you are feeling better.:)

A

ahutchGA

Pthalo...

I may just come up to VT and COUGH on you!

LOL!

Kidoday,

Thanks for your well-wishes!

A

ahutchGA

Ha, ha!

Pthalo,

You don't scare me! I live near the CDC!

WHOHAHAHAH!
(Manical laugh)

J/K!

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

Lets loose a bag of mosquito's from Louisiana in this thread and runs**

C

cjmom

LMAO @ sucked dry...........I'm getting a visual of that in my head......look kinda like a cross between a stick person and a raisin, hehe!:p

Grace_Adler

Pthalo, I think it's already been brought! LOL!

OMG.. mosiquitos? Everyone run for the hills, you know them things are carrying the West Nile!!

ahutch, hope you feel better!

Grace_Adler

LOL! Hell yeah and I'm scared of them things too. They have found cases of that around here. I'm not sure about this year so far but I know they did last year. :eek:

A

ahutchGA

Here in GA

Here in GA it isn't mosquitoes we watch out for, but dead birds.

There were a bunch of dead birds around some suburbs of Atlanta last year that carried West Nile.

A

ahutchGA

Pthalo, does that help?

My son is 3 and he's never had the flu shot because it's optional here in GA, but he's up to date on his other vaccines.

Does the flu shot help against West Nile?

His 3 pediatricians to date have never mentioned it, but if you've heard something, please pass it on!
By the way, we haven't changed peds. for the fun of it. Ped#1 misdiagnosed my son, eventually landing him in the hospital for pneumonia. So we got Ped #2. Husband's insurance changed in July and we picked a plan that had Ped2 on it, so we wouldn't have to change. But right after that, Ped2 announced he was no longer taking our insurance, so we recently moved to Ped3.

Thanks!

JaneyS4

My turn

Ok, ahutch, I don't know if you've still got that cold, but pass the klenex cause its my turn for whining today.

MY BABY JUST WENT OFF TO HIS FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN! WHAAAA!!!!

A

ahutchGA

Awww!

Poor Janey!

I bet your baby looked adorable, though!

Let me give you a virtual hug.

***Sharing box of Kleenex together***

A

ahutchGA

more for Janey

I'll be doing the PreK thing next year, when my son turns 4, and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

You're already braver than I am!

JaneyS4

*sniff, sniff*

Thank you. He did look just adorable.

Its SO quiet here though. I don't quite know what to do with myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">