• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chid support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? CT
My ex husband is filing for custody of our 3 boys and is looking for child support from me. I have been caring for our kids for almost 14 years alone without him and for at least 4 with no support and very little contact from him. Now, since our smallest twin told his teacher he got a spanking from me they involved DCFS. Which found no reason to interfere with my disapline of my children seems it is never to an extreme. But during the investigation they went to stay with my ex. He has served me with papers. What do I do. That man wants more support than I ever got due to his circumstances(girl friend due with his 4th child) I take my kids every w/e and just bought all school clothes. He never helped at all when I had the kids. I just don't feeel this is fair at all what do I do? HELP!!!!!!!


Senior Member
Well, you could go get the kids and bring them back to your house.

You can counter him and go file for custody as well or when the hearing comes up you can ask for joint 50/50 but that would mean no support changing hands, I think.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential