• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child abuse and laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CIRA35

I really hope someone out there can give me some advise on my situation. Ihave 2 very beautiful stepchildren who we gained temp. custody of because the youngest was being abused by their mother. She admitted to hurting the child and was even arrested and charged with assualt to a minor child. She was told she had togo to anger managment classes and parenting classes. Then she was given supervised visits 1 hour every 2 weeks. Now as of today she gets unsupervised weekend overnight visits. All of this leading up to putting the children back in her home. I won't go into detail aboutd the abuse done to the shild but i will say it was very bad. And that also this was done to a meantally challanged child who can not speak and even though he is 4 years old he only has the cabilities of a 18month old.we are lost we don't know where to turn. We feel that the system is letting these children down. All these finding are based on what the social worker sees in the supervised visits i hour every 2 weeks . She doesn't know the children . And she doesn't make and effort to see how farthey have progressed in just the few months we have had them. Thank you forlistening and if some one has any advie on how to help keep these kids safe please contact me.
thank you lynn

LegalBeagle

CIRA35 said:
I really hope someone out there can give me some advise on my situation. Ihave 2 very beautiful stepchildren who we gained temp. custody of because the youngest was being abused by their mother. She admitted to hurting the child and was even arrested and charged with assualt to a minor child. She was told she had togo to anger managment classes and parenting classes. Then she was given supervised visits 1 hour every 2 weeks. Now as of today she gets unsupervised weekend overnight visits. All of this leading up to putting the children back in her home. I won't go into detail aboutd the abuse done to the shild but i will say it was very bad. And that also this was done to a meantally challanged child who can not speak and even though he is 4 years old he only has the cabilities of a 18month old.we are lost we don't know where to turn. We feel that the system is letting these children down. All these finding are based on what the social worker sees in the supervised visits i hour every 2 weeks . She doesn't know the children . And she doesn't make and effort to see how farthey have progressed in just the few months we have had them. Thank you forlistening and if some one has any advie on how to help keep these kids safe please contact me.
thank you lynn
Why does the father not petition the courts for full custody ?? Sounds like you are listening to the social working only and not doing anything legally yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">