• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Abuse Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? VA

I am not sure where I need to post so here goes.

I have been trying to find my ex's location, I have gotton phone calls with threats from an area of Tonopah, NV.

In a police report in the news paper I found a guy being charged with child abuse, same name and age of my ex. I called the Jail and ask them if it was the same guy. They transfered me to holding. I explain my case to the officer,and told him I could give him a birthdate and social, Low and behold it was my EX. The charge was on Sept.26 of 2006 and he had a $5500 bond. They could only tell me he was released on October 4th, 2006. Does anyone know How I can find out anything about these charges?
In the past He has tried sucide, told me he would kill me and our two boys. I feel I need to know what this charge is for.

Any help will appreciated.

Do your children see your "Ex" I assume hes the Father. If not sadly its really none of your business and I dont say that to be rude. You can contact Police and tell them your concern but without any recent threats etc they arent going to do much. If children visit him (which I doubt since you dont know where he is) then no one is in any danger at the moment

moburkes

What is the name of your state? VA

I am not sure where I need to post so here goes.

I have been trying to find my ex's location, I have gotton phone calls with threats from an area of Tonopah, NV.

In a police report in the news paper I found a guy being charged with child abuse, same name and age of my ex. I called the Jail and ask them if it was the same guy. They transfered me to holding. I explain my case to the officer,and told him I could give him a birthdate and social, Low and behold it was my EX. The charge was on Sept.26 of 2006 and he had a $5500 bond. They could only tell me he was released on October 4th, 2006. Does anyone know How I can find out anything about these charges?
In the past He has tried sucide, told me he would kill me and our two boys. I feel I need to know what this charge is for.

Any help will appreciated.
Where I live, I can look on the county auditor's website. If someone has been charged with a crime, a few days later I can look it up on that website. Is there something like that available where you live?

He is their father

Yes he is their father, and No he don't see them. He left April 1, 2002. He was ordered child support in Aug 2002, he made one payment in Sept, then half a payment in Oct. That is it nothing but calls cussing, and being drunk.
He even had someone else call me and they said "He pays his support and if you dont stop this b**** you'll be dead. I went to the police dept with the tape he left this message on, they called and spoke to some one. then of course the phone was disconected.

He continued to call I never answered it he would leave messages on the machine, that revenge is his, he had a bullet with our name on it. My babies are only 7 and 5 now. This came from a cell phone, so now is the first acutal known place he has been. I dont know if he is still there are not. I would just like to know the out come of the case and if he got jail time or what.

Where I live, I can look on the county auditor's website. If someone has been charged with a crime, a few days later I can look it up on that website. Is there something like that available where you live?
I cant find anything like that for NV. Most states and countys you can check the court cases. I wonder if I call the court would a clerk be able to tell me anything.

You might even contact DA explain your ocncern and valid reason to know if he indeed sent to jail. That or website info you were told earlier

Thank you all very much.
I just feel like I am always looking over my shoulder for him. Calls before this came from Joliet IL, and then I had no ideal until now where he might be.

What sort of things could get you a child abuse charge? DO they have to register after one?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">