• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Can an adult who grew up in Kansas seek any legal justice for abuse suffered in childhood?



I am not sure about Kansas...but hopefully it is different from Texas.
I was in the same boat. Abused at ages 8-11 I was taken across state lines to avoid testifying against my step dad. I started having flashbacks and nightmares at about age 25. After much counseling...I inquired about going "back" to court. I was told that since it had been 10 years since the abuse occurred..the only recourse I had was financial. He would spend not one day in jail for what I must suffer the rest of my life, but that I could sue in civil court.
People like us should ban together and have the damn statute of limitations thrown out on cases like these. I wish you luck...whoever you are. And good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential