• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troubledmom1928

New Jersey k My daughter is 14 she was babysitting and she hit the kids to get them to take there nap,,, anyway it left marks on them blackand blue, question: she hasnt been charged with anything, the dec. wants her to take a lie detector test. Does she have to take it? Even if she is charged?

seniorjudge

...the dec. wants her to take a lie detector test...

I don't know who or what the dec. is but you need to keep your daughter away from ALL children. She sounds dangerous.

Wolflmg

She left a mark when she hit them? That's just wrong. Your child needs help before she hurts anymore kids, but if she hit them that hard, it sounds like she maybe the result of some type of abuse or doesn't know her own strength. I suggest getting her some consouling, hitting kids is wrong. If she couldn't handle them then maybe she wasn't ready to be baby sitting, yet.

Rushia

troubledmom1928 said:
New Jersey k My daughter is 14 she was babysitting and she hit the kids to get them to take there nap,,, anyway it left marks on them blackand blue, question: she hasnt been charged with anything, the dec. wants her to take a lie detector test. Does she have to take it? Even if she is charged?
Your kidding right? She hit them hard enough to leave bruises? I have "popped" my children in the rear for major infractions, but I have never left a bruise on them. Your daughter could find herself in serious trouble. You need to put her in counseling.

Crazed98

Rushia said:
Your kidding right? She hit them hard enough to leave bruises? I have "popped" my children in the rear for major infractions, but I have never left a bruise on them. Your daughter could find herself in serious trouble. You need to put her in counseling.

So beating children is ok just as long as you don't leave any bruises? :rolleyes:

outonbail

Not sure what purpose her taking a lie detector test will serve. Is she denying she ever hit the children? It wouldn't take a concerned parent much investigating to realize that their children were bruised while in her care.

The children themselves will probably spill the beans about who may have hit them hard enough to leave bruising.

Was it actually your 14 year old daughter or could she be taking the blame for a boyfriend who was visiting her and hoping the children would go to sleep so he could play kissy face?

Is your daughter ordinarily the type who would have a short temper and resort to using such physical punishment of someone elses children?

I just wonder what the children are saying that has someone asking your daughter to take a lie detector test. I'm guessing there's more to the story

ablessin

seniorjudge said:
...the dec. wants her to take a lie detector test...

I don't know who or what the dec. is but you need to keep your daughter away from ALL children. She sounds dangerous.

Is dec. supposed to be a detective, maybe?

I don't know, but her daughter needs some serious help with some anger problems,...... she certainly doesn't appear to know how to deal with small children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">