• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody and relocation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



what are my rights and responsibilities concerning child custody? wishing to relocate out of country. have joint custody..i have sole physical custody. do i have to have the courts permission to relocate? have verbal permission from children's father.


Senior Member
if you have his permission then get it drawn up by a lawyer, get it signed by a judge. this will make it official.

if you move them without doing anything through the courts, dad can change his mind and you are screwed. you would have no proof of his verbal permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential