• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody current order wording specified

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I don't like going to court at all but if it is risking me in contempt then I have no choice but to go just to be safe. But if I have to go then I bring up all the violations and I don't think it will be good for him. He violates the order all the time and I never take him bc I hate court. It makes me sick I have to live by a court order of law to raise my daughter. Her dad looks at it as if he doesn't have half or more time then he isn't winning so he fights fights fights. Costs me thousands of dollars in mediators that he quit bc he didn't get his way., child custody psychologists mediators and lawyer fees

Oh for crying out loud. Don't play petty tit for tat games. Seriously.
These aren't games I'm tired of him getting his way and taking me to court every year for nothing. We end up paying thousands of dollars for mediators and if he doesn't get joint custody he quits.

These aren't games I'm tired of him getting his way and taking me to court every year for nothing. We end up paying thousands of dollars for mediators and if he doesn't get joint custody he quits.
When he asked me if he could take our child to Texas to visit family. I had no problem I always allow it. He doesn't allow her to go to any family functions of mine or bday parties. I just stopped asking him bc it never was a yes or no answer it was always no with non sense after that

LdiJ

When he asked me if he could take our child to Texas to visit family. I had no problem I always allow it. He doesn't allow her to go to any family functions of mine or bday parties. I just stopped asking him bc it never was a yes or no answer it was always no with non sense after that
You do understand that you do not need his permission to take the child to visit extended family on your time? You are also entitled to vacations as well and do not need his permission for that.

You do understand that you do not need his permission to take the child to visit extended family on your time? You are also entitled to vacations as well and do not need his permission for that.
I know but our order says each parent is allowed 2 non consecutive weeks of
Yes I know but our order says each parent is entitled to 2 annual non consecutive weeks of vacation with child each year. Since I'm primary physical and we have joint legal. I don't want to take the risk of having her miss few days of school when he said no to me I won't allow you to take her on school time. So I have to either take her with the risk of him filing or go there just to get the judge to ok the trip to be safe

LdiJ

I know but our order says each parent is allowed 2 non consecutive weeks of

Yes I know but our order says each parent is entitled to 2 annual non consecutive weeks of vacation with child each year. Since I'm primary physical and we have joint legal. I don't want to take the risk of having her miss few days of school when he said no to me I won't allow you to take her on school time. So I have to either take her with the risk of him filing or go there just to get the judge to ok the trip to be safe
Just take her on vacation and deal with the judge afterwards if necessary. You have to put your foot down some time. You cannot give him that much control. You particularly should not allow him to control what you do on your time, particularly when it comes to extended family functions and the like.

HRZ

As an aside. Local practices may vary. My local school often grants advance "approved absences" for many a family trip IF politely requested

Yes her school does allow 5days per yr for vacation. But her dad and I have joint legal which is health education religion. If I take her he already said no he won't agree to her missing few days of school then I'm nervous he may take me. If I go and have judge approve then I'll feel better even though costs alot of money

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes her school does allow 5days per yr for vacation. But her dad and I have joint legal which is health education religion. If I take her he already said no he won't agree to her missing few days of school then I'm nervous he may take me. If I go and have judge approve then I'll feel better even though costs alot of money
If he files contempt he gets to pay for it.

LdiJ

You are giving him more authority than he has. Her missing a couple of approved days is NOT an educational decision that requires an agreement. If the child was doing poorly in school it might be another story, but the child is not doing poorly at all.

Let him take you to court for contempt if he wants to be that petty. The judge will realize who is the petty one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">