• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody current order wording specified

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
Can i take my 8 year old daughter to Disney world in October and miss 1 or 2 days at most of school?
I'm writing word for word from our custody order. I'd like to know if her father has a say on missing 1 maybe 2 days of school.
Each party shall annually have the right to two non consecutive weeks of vacation with the child. Notice of annual blocks of vacation selected shall be provided to the other party with at least 30days notice. If there is a conflict in vacation schedule father shall have his choice of vac time in odd years and mother even years. And we are aloud to take child anywhere in the US but if out of country agreement or leave of court. I'm only taking her to Disney world and her father said he won't allow me to have her miss school. But the order says if there's a conflict mother has even yrs of say. Does that mean I can take her?
Less

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can take her but you may face contempt. Is this joint legal and physical custody? Who has legal custody? How much school will she be missing?

LdiJ

Can i take my 8 year old daughter to Disney world in October and miss 1 or 2 days at most of school?
I'm writing word for word from our custody order. I'd like to know if her father has a say on missing 1 maybe 2 days of school.
Each party shall annually have the right to two non consecutive weeks of vacation with the child. Notice of annual blocks of vacation selected shall be provided to the other party with at least 30days notice. If there is a conflict in vacation schedule father shall have his choice of vac time in odd years and mother even years. And we are aloud to take child anywhere in the US but if out of country agreement or leave of court. I'm only taking her to Disney world and her father said he won't allow me to have her miss school. But the order says if there's a conflict mother has even yrs of say. Does that mean I can take her?
Less
How old is your daughter?
How does she do in school?
How much time will dad miss if she goes?
Who would normally have the child on the day you plan to go?

You can take her but you may face contempt. Is this joint legal and physical custody? Who has legal custody? How much school will she be missing?
Just 2 days at most of school. We both have joint legal custody but I have primary physical custody he has partial

Child custody current order wording specified
Jump to newUnwatch
•••
S
Stefanierach
Yesterday at 2:50 PM

Less

Report •••
Ohiogal
Queen Bee
Yesterday at 4:22 PM
New #2

Like Reply
LdiJ
Yesterday at 4:34 PM
New #3
Stefanierach said:
Less
How old is your daughter?
How does she do in school?
How much time will dad miss if she goes?
Who would normally have the child on the day you plan to go?

Like Reply
S
Stefanierach
A moment ago
New #4
Ohiogal said:
Just 2 days at most of school. We both have joint legal custody but I have primary physical custody he has partial

She's 7, she does well in school , and I was going to make it so that his time wouldn't be missed. Just her missing few days of school which he said he won't agree to

She's 7, she does well in school , and I was going to make it so that his time wouldn't be missed. Just her missing few days of school which he said he won't agree to

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If he has joint legal custody, the court may find he has to agree to the child missing school. So you could be found in contempt. You have to determine if you want to risk it.

LdiJ

You can take her, but dad might file for contempt. I suspect however since you are not infringing on dad's time and she will only miss a few days of school (and she is doing well) that its likely that you won't get anything more than scolded. There is even the possibility that the judge will be irritated with dad.

See if you can get some of her work ahead of time to take with you, so that she can catch up on some of it while you are gone.

You can take her, but dad might file for contempt. I suspect however since you are not infringing on dad's time and she will only miss a few days of school (and she is doing well) that its likely that you won't get anything more than scolded. There is even the possibility that the judge will be irritated with dad.

See if you can get some of her work ahead of time to take with you, so that she can catch up on some of it while you are gone.
I understand exactly what you are saying. That's why I posted my question bc it is confusing. Because in my eyes whatever is not written clearly on the custody order to me it means it isn't the law and therefore no law no violation. But her dad is very sneaky and he will take me to court. So I either go to court which i really didn't want to do or just not go to Disney. I always allow her to join anything that has to do with his family for my daughter. And he just can't say yes to something that would be an amazing experience and memory for her.
ber: 271693"]If he has joint legal custody, the court may find he has to agree to the child missing school. So you could be found in contempt. You have to determine if you want to risk it.[/QUOTE]

It can definately be considered educational. Traveling anywhere out of your home state is educational. Disney part is fun but any trip to another state can be made educational to our child. :)

I made my final decision. And since we have joint legal custody and I have primary physical custody. I printed out our child's school form for vacation excused 5days a year for the child. But if I have to go to court just for missing 3days at most of school. I'm bringing up every contempt my ex violated. I have 5 violations and all my written proof of it all attached. Order says when a parent calls whichever parent has child shall make every attempt to have child return call. My log shows he rarely answers and never calls back. Next contempt is it states if either parent will not be with the child overnjtw the other parent has first rights to be with child. Well twice my ex went out of town and had my daughter stay with his wife which I don't mind but I do mind him violating. If I do anything wrong or not what order says he takes me right away for contempt. Next is he's moving and my daughter told me. Not once has her father mentioned they will be moving and he will give me address etc. So I asked him nicely twice he replied 2days later and said you'll get the address the day we move. I have emails of him saying our daughter asked u if she could come to dinner at our house. I told him stop making plans on my parenting time and it states that in the order also states not to have child relay messages back and forth to parents. So if I have to go for this Disney thing then I bring everything up. And lastly this isn't really about our child but he verbally abuses me via nasty mean words via email. I have everything printed out

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">