• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody prior to court ordered custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? California

I am in the process of a divorce and we are now in the 30 day period awaiting a response from my husband since he has been served. The children have been in my custody since 1998.

This is my problem my husband has started dating my son's girlfriends mother. Now my 16 year old son never comes home. He stays at his girlfriends home every night and his father is there sleeping with my son's girlfriends mother. My husband of course won't do anything about it because he will do just about anything to get back at me.

If you can help me get my son back in my household legally until the custody is won I would appreciate it.

Here is some other information that if necessary I will use if the need be:

My husband has never given me one cent of child support to support his kids since we stopped living together in 98.
He also has a felony domestic abuse charge again him but is no longer on probation.
My son has some great opportunities in his life for a wonderful life and I do not want him getting anyone pregnant and ruining his chances of the life I have dreamed for him. I have had it.
Please help me. If I go over to the girlfriends with the police can I get him home by any means. Please help! I am going crazy feeling like I have no parental rights and of course my son is loving this staying at his girlfriends every night so he doesn't seem to care how I feel.



Your son is 16 right. He is not of age in my state so if I wanted my son home I would go get him by any means that it would take. Yes he is going to be angry with you. Yes he is going to rebell and have a fit. He will think you are runing his life and you should . His father is a man and can do as he pleases but not the child. Is he in school. How long has he been staying at his g/f house. If both are under age I am sure that there is a law that will forbid two underage people from living together. Check with the police dept. are a lawyer to advise you .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential