• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? South Carolina
My sister is going through a divorce and has two children. Her son which is the oldest is not her husbands child and he is aware of this. The child was 1 years old when my sis and husband meet. After they got married she decided to give the child her husbands last name. They went and changed the birth certifacate but it was not a legal adoption. Now he wants custody of her son. The judge gave them joint custody but he wants full custody. How can this be? He is not a biological parent. Is there anyway to help her get full custody of her son and for him not to get any legal rights or visitations to him? (The biolaogical father has never wanted anything to do with the child.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential