• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Maryland and am pregnant. I am currently married, but separated by a protective order that will cease when my child is about 5 months old. I really don't want my child or myself to have anything to do with the father-my husband. In maryland i know that he has equal rights to custody. i have been told it is no longer a maternal state. Is there a possibility that I could move before the birth, to a state that would help out my situation, if it is a maternal state. or what else could i do? thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential