• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



we live in Missouri. Although son has equal custody, the mother is the custodial parent. Although father never missed a child support payment, the mother insisted that he was not paying her. (he paid her cash, i know that was dum)Now she is trying to put him on riddlen. The father does not agree that the child needs it. wants to get a second opinon. the mother will not agree. thinks she wants to get more financial aid, what rights does the non custodial parent have.


Senior Member
joint legal is a toughie. the NCP is suppose to have input on major decisions - such as this - and the CP is suppose to take their thoughts into consideration before making the final decision. (almost always, the CP will do what they want - personal opinion)

it doesn't leave him with much to do. the one thing i can think of will cost a little money.

during one of his visitation sessions, he needs to make an appointment for the child with a pediatrician. ask the pediatrician for the second opinion.

if the doctor says that the child does not need the medication, then ask the doctor to include it in the child's files and ask for a copy of the documentation. write a letter to the mother, along with a copy of the documentation, and ask her to not place the child on the medication. if this doesn't work, then address the courts and ask them to intervene.

if you know that the courts will be involved, i would get two doctors opinions for not using the medication. otherwise, it is your doctor against hers and judges aren't doctors. the more you can show that the child doesn't need it, the better it should go for you.

[Edited by Ambr on 06-01-2001 at 09:19 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential