• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



mono county california....Approximately a year ago my mother gave my daughter to her paternal grandparents as they agreed to take care of her for a short time so that I could get back on my feet. This was agreed by all that it would only be for a short time and I could have her back at any time. When I was capable of taking proper care of her, I was denied my daughter. I tried to see her in January and they called the police, the police told me that custody is 9 tenths of the law and that I would need to go to court. Unfortunately, this was a weekend and since they reside in Shasta County, California and I reside in Mono County, California and I was unable to stay longer than that weekend I could not go to court at that time. What can I do to get my daughter back? Is it possible for me to handle things from the court here where I live or do I have to travel to Shasta County court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential