• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Ohio= I moved to minnesota 4 years ago. Have full custody of my 14 year old son froma marriage in Ohio. He wants to live with his father. What do I need to do to revert custody of my son to his father?


aggravated mom

I think you are a wonderful mother. You love your child enough to respect his wishes. This is good and I am sure it is also hard on you. Just remember just because he wants to live with his father doesn't mean he doesn't love you. Now how to do it. I am not for sure but I think all you have to do is put in for a modification of custody in the state that holds jurisdiction. Best wishes to you.

I am not an attorney. Just a mother.


I agree, you are to be commended. I am curious though on the child support issue. Has your ex paid support to you? Will you now pay support to him? Has something happened that is all of the sudden wants to be with his dad? Has your son been giving you a hard time about this, or have the both of you sat down and talked it over calmly? Don't mean to be so nosy, just curious. You usually don't hear about these things without a fight between the parents. Thanks!

Grandma B

My only concern

The only consideration should not be the child's wish to live with his father, but whether that is indeed the best move for the child. Will the father provide a safe and supportive environment for him or let him do as he wants?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential