• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I currently reside in Mono County, California. Approximately a year ago my mother placed my daughter in the care of her paternal grandparents. It was agreed by all that this would be temporary until I was back on my feet, I was to be able to pick her at any time. I went to their residence in Shasta County, California last January and they refused to even let me see my daughter. The police were called and they said that they could not be of any assistance and advised me to go to court. I was unable to stay until the following Monday to do so. What course of legal action do I need to pursue in order to get my daughter back ? In which County must I go to court ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential