• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am in Texas but my son is in Missouri, I have been doing everything the court has asked as far as support but the mother will not let me see him. Now it seems that she has been turned into Family services. I want custody of my son because I am the secondary parent and was told that if something should happen to the mother I would get custody. I am now told that someone has filed for custody of my son. Shouldn't I get custody being the father?


Senior Member
you need to call the division of family services for the county that your ex resides in. if the children were removed from your ex's home they will be able to help you or get you the number of the case worker who can.

i dispatched for juvenile services for a while when i was going to school. normally, they like to keep the children with family members. since you live out of state, it is possible that her parents or other family members may have the children.

you think someone else has filed for custody of the children? grandparents? who? i would call the court house for that county and check the dockets. they could tell you if a case has been filed. of course, the caseworker should have this information as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential