• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child does not live in state with father but im still paying childsupport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Agreed. But the CS should go to whoever is actually raising the child.
Then the person who actually is raising the kid can bring a child support action.

It is, however, telling that OP's concern is the $$ rather than the child.
I disagree. The fact that the OP doesn't want someone who is NOT caring for the child to get his/her child support money does not in any way reflect on how much the OP cares for the child. You know nothing of the OP's situation and are, I think, assuming an awful lot in reaching that conclusion. It certainly isn't supported by anything said so far.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then the person who actually is raising the kid can bring a child support action.
Absolutely. It is also quite possible that the other parent gets the CS and hands it over to the person/people caring for the child.
I disagree. The fact that the OP doesn't want someone who is NOT caring for the child to get his/her child support money does not in any way reflect on how much the OP cares for the child. You know nothing of the OP's situation and are, I think, assuming an awful lot in reaching that conclusion. It certainly isn't supported by anything said so far.
Again - we don't know that the parent not caring for the child is keeping the money. And sure, we know nothing of the situation. I tend to read between lines, though...

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
And sure, we know nothing of the situation. I tend to read between lines, though...
Between the lines is just white space. ;) Especially when we know nothing of the situation it's impossible to read anything into it without making a whole lot of assumptions — assumptions that may not be anywhere near accurate. Bluntly, I think attacking posters with little to no information about them is wrong.

Just Blue

Child support went from164 to 500 a month he doesn't have her
1. Who currently has the child?
2. How old is the child?
3. Why haven't you sought custody of your child?
4. Do you have any visitation with your child and, if so, how often?
5. At your last CS review, did you tell the judge/Magistrate that father no longer has your child in his care?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">