• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child endangerment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fantastic8019

I live in Florida.
I discovered a video my 14 year old took of her father intoxicated. He was standing and dropping items and obviously impaired. I became worried he was driving in this state and the harm it would cause of her seeing this. My child sent the video to his girlfriend and also stated he had passed out on the front porch and she said to make him take a shower.
When I told the therapist all this, I was I formed they made a report and to await a call from DCF, and not to allow her to go with him. No call came so I contacted DCF and was told the call never made it past the hotline.
I'm in a position where I am worried about her being around him but have no legal way to keep her away. I cant afford a lawyer.
Any help is appreciated.

LdiJ

I live in Florida.
I discovered a video my 14 year old took of her father intoxicated. He was standing and dropping items and obviously impaired. I became worried he was driving in this state and the harm it would cause of her seeing this. My child sent the video to his girlfriend and also stated he had passed out on the front porch and she said to make him take a shower.
When I told the therapist all this, I was I formed they made a report and to await a call from DCF, and not to allow her to go with him. No call came so I contacted DCF and was told the call never made it past the hotline.
I'm in a position where I am worried about her being around him but have no legal way to keep her away. I cant afford a lawyer.
Any help is appreciated.
Well, one point that is good is that your daughter is 14 and therefore old enough to call for help if she needs it. She is also old enough to be taught to refuse to get into a vehicle with an impaired driver. If she were much younger, the risk would be much greater.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Florida.
Any help is appreciated.
You cannot keep your daughter from him. What have done to protect your daughter legally? Have you filed a motion to modify or have you just broken the court order and risked being found in contempt which could result in a loss of custody?

Fantastic8019

You cannot keep your daughter from him. What have done to protect your daughter legally? Have you filed a motion to modify or have you just broken the court order and risked being found in contempt which could result in a loss of custody?
That is why I'm here asking for advice. I am not sure of the steps I need to take.

Fantastic8019

Also, I have never not complied with visitation. He often cancels. This past weekend he canceled since he was moving and then cancelled week visits and then had previously cancelled this weekend. I have avoided his visitation since I had to reschedule work and am now with her. His next scheduled visit is Tuesday but he will try to take her tomorrow after work. I have allowed him to see her as much as he wanted and even asked for extra nights so I could work or go to events. I never knew he was doing this. There was a past with recreational use of pain pills but I never witness or heard of him being a threat to her. After the video I am concerned but dont know how to go about protecting her. Especially since DCF threw it aside.
I'm at a loss on what to do to protect her and also myself from legal backlash from him.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Where did you read that she violated the court order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">