• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lotusvampire

What is the name of your state? 8 Arial I live in New Mexico. But I am asking about Texas. My daughter is in some weird type of temp. gaurdianship that my mother-in-law(the grandmother) manipulated my wife in to. We were not married at the time and I was told that I could not see my daughter or my wife. The form is hand writtened and noiterized but from what my wife told me is that she was mentally and emotionally manipulated into this agreement. Plus the fact that her mother is dating a drunk pedophile and rapist to make it even worse on my wife but we can not prove they live together because he is currently in jail till Oct. 26 Please tell me if there is a way to dispute this and have my family together.:confused:

L

lotusvampire

Please Help

My daughter is only 4 wks old and I would like to be the father I never had

wenwas

ok first of all congrats on your new bundle of joy. second is this thing signed and noiterized by a judge or your wife. if this not a restaining order and you and your wife are not legally seperated making temporay custody to your wife. then as the childs father you can see your daughter or your wife if you want with out a restaining order your mother-in-law can not stop you. if its just signed by your wife it can not stop you from seeing your child. my suggestion is get a lawyer and get your child away from that mother-in-law of yours.

L

lotusvampire

This is from the mother.

My mother forced me into signing a handwritten temporary custody paper saying she has the right to sign any leagal or medical papers necessary to take care of the child. CPS aparently told her that I had to chose between my child and my husband. Is there anyway to get my child back?:(

P.S. The handwritten paper given to my mother was notorized by The Human Services Department.

wenwas

you want to talk to a lawyer because if the paper is not sent through the courts and signed by a judge, i dont think they are a legal document. also cps cant take children away without a real fear of a child being harmed and then only with the involement of family court. so if i were you most lawyers will give you a free consultaion talk to one see if they cant take an instulment if you have to but get a lawyer also i dont think what cps is doing is legal so maybe talk to a lawyer about that too. maybe if a lawyer threatens legal action they will stop what they are doing.

L

lotusvampire

For Further Infomation

See Trivias_Liles' Post for more info

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">