• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child hurt in OR auto accident/settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Oregon, My daughter was hurt 3 years ago in a rear end collision (the other drivers fault). She was a passenger in my car. She continues to have some neck pain but more back pain. It is not constant but hurts more when she is active. She has gone to a physical therapist on and off but has to go to her Dr. to get referred. The last time the Dr. had her try a chiropractor (sp?) allowing 5 visits. She felt that it helped but when she called back to the Dr. for another referral they denied saying they didnt feel it would give marked improvement. As she is under 18 the claim in Or can stay open but I would like to settle so that we can choose to go to a chiropractor when she is in pain. I would like to settle quickly to get her into treatments again. Looking for a how to figure this amount. Is there any place I can go for "guidelines" in figuring settlement? The other driver had the same insurance company on his truck as I had on my van.

[This message has been edited by sherril (edited October 25, 2000).]



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Don't do this on your own. The other things is keep all records of past visits to doctor or chiropractor and make sure your daughter keeps a log of the pain she suffers, whenever she suffers (i.e. write down date, time, etc).

You need to at least speak with a personal injury attorney in your state about this because your attorney knows and has experience in the best method of getting more bang for your buck. You may be doing your daughter a disservice if you attempt this on your own.

Try attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential