• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Like POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

Other than the issue of op ststing she doesn’t intent on blindly handing the annuity check to the sister, I can understand why she wouldn’t want the ,others mail sent to her. It appears the sisters don’t get along. I can see the other sister claiming op has destroyed mother’s mail if it doesn’t show up at sisters house, or even if it does and sister wants to claim it didn’t.

Op needs to contact her local postmaster and inquire if she can have all of,the mothers mail intercepted and not delivered to op’s home.

If that is not possible, I have no problem with op stamping ALL mail:

No such addressee at this address

And give it back to the mailman.

Sister can then change the address with the various senders and all will be well with the world

Btw utility,

Intercepting your mothers mail and keeping it is illegal. You do not have the authority to decide what happens to your mothers annuity payments and could actuslly be liable for damages if retaining the payment results in your mother owing additonal money by not having the funds available to pay a debt.
The same result would occur if the OP does what you suggested and returns mom's mail. Mom still will not have her money when its needed to pay the bills, and in fact, returning it rather than passing it on would create a bigger delay in the funds being available to mom.

justalayman

The same result would occur if the OP does what you suggested and returns mom's mail. Mom still will not have her money when its needed to pay the bills, and in fact, returning it rather than passing it on would create a bigger delay in the funds being available to mom.
But it would force sister to remedy the issue op has and in turn remove op from accusations of failing to deliver the mail to the sister. It would be a short term issue able to be remedied by the sister who has caused the issue herself.

I’ll give a bit better advice.

Op needs to give sister notice that as if March 1 she will stamp all mail addressed to the mother “no addresses of this name at this address” and return it to the post office. That gives sister one month to change addresses for all mailings to mother and file a change of address with the post office for any mail that slips through.

Better?

LdiJ

But it would force sister to remedy the issue op has and in turn remove op from accusations of failing to deliver the mail to the sister. It would be a short term issue able to be remedied by the sister who has caused the issue herself.

Op needs to give sister notice that as if March 1 she will stamp all mail addressed to the mother “no addresses of this name at this address” and return it to the post office. That gives sister one month to change addresses for all mailings to mother and file a change of address with the post office for any mail that slips through.

Better?
10 times better :)

Utility

Better?
Thanks justalayman , This sounds like reasonable advice. I am not holding any check or mail, I posted for a solution in advance that a check could be sent to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">