• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Molestation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DixieLady

My husband has been accussed of molestation by my oldest daughter. For various reasons that are too long to list, there is more things going against what she says than there are to back up what she says. In conversation today she said that when she went to our local advocacy center they told her that they had contacted DHR in another county about a case we had against my youngest daughters step-father for sexual abuse. I would like to know what that had to do with the case between my husband and daughter for one. Secondly, the DA moved to dismess the charges against the step-father because she had made several false allegations, such as her biological mom had done these things and her brother and done things to her, etc. Will the fact that these charges were dismissed hurt my husband in his defense in any way? Third, please advice me through the process, after a child advocacy interview and the police get involved. An important piece of information is that this is the second time this has been investigated by DHR. The first time she denied the allegations, the second time she said they were true. She stated that the "act" (which can not be medically proven), only occurred one time and there were no threats involved. This doesn't fit the typical "molestor profile" to me. Please help me with any information you have. This involves the state of AL if it helps any.

T

Tracey

You need to hire a criminal defense attorney. Do not talk to police until you do.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

A

anstar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DixieLady:
My husband has been accussed of molestation by my oldest daughter. For various reasons that are too long to list, there is more things going against what she says than there are to back up what she says. In conversation today she said that when she went to our local advocacy center they told her that they had contacted DHR in another county about a case we had against my youngest daughters step-father for sexual abuse. I would like to know what that had to do with the case between my husband and daughter for one. Secondly, the DA moved to dismess the charges against the step-father because she had made several false allegations, such as her biological mom had done these things and her brother and done things to her, etc. Will the fact that these charges were dismissed hurt my husband in his defense in any way? Third, please advice me through the process, after a child advocacy interview and the police get involved. An important piece of information is that this is the second time this has been investigated by DHR. The first time she denied the allegations, the second time she said they were true. She stated that the "act" (which can not be medically proven), only occurred one time and there were no threats involved. This doesn't fit the typical "molestor profile" to me. Please help me with any information you have. This involves the state of AL if it helps any.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A

anstar

I am a law clerk in california with a case almost identical to yours. I would like to know whatever you can share about legal arguments, briefs on behalf of your husband and whatever you think might help our client. He is accused of sexual molestation by his daughter, he is advised he could not win so he plead guilty and has been sent to state prison - we are preparing a petition for writ of habeas corpus - Thanks - Anstar

A

anstar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anstar:
I am a law clerk in california with a case almost identical to yours. I would like to know whatever you can share about legal arguments, briefs on behalf of your husband and whatever you think might help our client. He is accused of sexual molestation by his daughter, he is advised he could not win so he plead guilty and has been sent to state prison - we are preparing a petition for writ of habeas corpus - Thanks - Anstar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>reply to: [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">