• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? NJ

My daughter lives with her Gramma and Dad. She has lived there for 18 months. In that time she has sustained the following injuries:

3 broken arms
2 black eyes
Bruises on strange places (back of her neck/legs, inside of her forearms)


When she was still with me, I took her to the dentist and she had NO cavities...since living there:

All her molars had cavities on them, one so bad they had to pull it out and another so bad they capped it.

I have called CPS numerous times and they NEVER even bothered to look into it...is there some legal recourse I can take against them?? Either her Gramma & Dad or the CPS??



I would seriously keep of DFACS about the injuries. I would also contact the hospital and doctor she went to when she got the injuries and ask them if they found anything suspicious and why they didn't feel it necessary to call protective services. Also, if you're in a position where you could win custody you may want to file an emergency motion for temp. custody until the matter is settled.


I have asked for the medical records from one dr. only to be told that my daughter has been going to 4 DIFFERENT clinics! All of them with multiple Dr's. (at least 6 in each clinic)

I spoke to one of the other clinics...and just picked up copies of her medical records from there and she was treated for 9 bladder infections from that clinic alone!

I placed another call to CPS as per your advice and have a meeting with the Supervisor of the worker that I spoke to each time I called.

Thanks...I will keep you posted!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential