• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child not in carseat/is child abuse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thisiscrazy

I live in Lakewood, Colorado and last week I was pulled over in my fathers old truck that does not have seatbelts. My father was driving and my 20 month old daughter was in my lap and not in a carseat. The cop gave me a ticket charging me with child abuse. Is this a new way of charging people for no child restraints or did this cop go way overboard?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I won't preach too much, but are you out of your mind!????? You DO NOT EVER PUT A CHILD ON YOUR LAP IN A CAR!!!!!!! Hello, do you want this child to die if God forbid you get into an accident?

Try these:

For information on the Lakewood City Code, contact the City Attorney's Office at 303-987-7450. The City Attorney's Office provides legal advice to the City Council, City.
http://co.jefferson.co.us/dpt/coatty/policy/tableofcontents.htm

P

peter

UH you are a crazy fool nuts child abuser..

what if you daddy had to stop short???

You will shove the childs head into the metal dashboard crushing the skull causing bleeding in the brain which IF THE CHILD SURVIVES...will cause brain damage....

OR maybe blind him when his eye get stuck in the radio knob!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thisiscrazy:
I live in Lakewood, Colorado and last week I was pulled over in my fathers old truck that does not have seatbelts. My father was driving and my 20 month old daughter was in my lap and not in a carseat. The cop gave me a ticket charging me with child abuse. Is this a new way of charging people for no child restraints or did this cop go way overboard? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your daughter could talk she would say; "Mommy why are you doing this to me, I'm no crash dummy. You're the dummy." Thank the higher power and the police officer, for this ticket is your wake up call. You should frame the ticket and hang it up on your living room or bedroom wall as a reminder to never forget how precious your little daughter is.

D

dsut

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thisiscrazy:
I live in Lakewood, Colorado and last week I was pulled over in my fathers old truck that does not have seatbelts. My father was driving and my 20 month old daughter was in my lap and not in a carseat. The cop gave me a ticket charging me with child abuse. Is this a new way of charging people for no child restraints or did this cop go way overboard? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, it is not a new way to charge people.
No, the cop did not go overboard.
Yes, you deserved the ticket.
Yes, your daddy is equally to blame, since he's the driver and your daddy.
Yes, you're guilty as hell, in fact you confessed to it.
No, I don't like you.
Any questions?

------------------
I ain't a lawyer. I ain't a copper. I'm a true blue American that believes in Freedom for all. Provided they ain't criminals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">