• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child paternaty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



A few years ago I had a relationship with a woman who I later found out was married. When I found this out I broke it off. She became pregnant and when the child was born she had her husbands name put on the birth certificate for obvious reasons. She now says that the child is mine. could she ever make me pay child support should she ever get divorced. I know laws vary from state to state and I live in west virginia.



It depends on a number of things, but she would have to pay for a paternity test before she even begins to approach a child support case.

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential