• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Protection Services. California, Shasta County. CPS giving out info to accused party.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
She is mentioning things from the past "Closed Case" that were never even mentioned in court when she lost Custody of our daughter. Omsbudsman said my Ex should not know any of these details period. My Ex is blaming for Past and Present calls. Like I stated above, I have NOT made any calls to CPS for this new case against her.
Thank you for clarifying.

So, you contacted CPS 6-7 years ago, and partially based on whatever was going on with Mom, there was a change of custody. That case is closed.

Mom now has a 3 year old, and there has been a report to CPS regarding that child. She occasionally says that you are the father. (I would certainly hope that there's 0% chance of that, given the past!)

During the course of the investigation of the current/active case, the investigator has mentioned the previous case involving your daughter, which is understandable if it's just in the context of, "Hey little lady, this ain't your first rodeo with us, so we're not inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt. Leopards not changing their spots and all." However, what you are saying is that there are more specific details, more along the line of, "You were reported several years ago by gonefishing for doing the same thing to your older daughter. Big surprise the dad is saying you're doing the same thing to this kid." Which Mom is latching onto and saying you tattled on her.

Yes, it's good to report such slips, because it's wrong and very unprofessional. People may be less likely to report abuse if they fear the abuser is going to do something to them.

However, unless you filed a false report all those years ago, consider this: your daughter is safe, but this 3 year old is not. The only place Mom should be complaining is at the image in the mirror. Don't respond to her garbage. Block her if necessary. Remember: this woman has likely abused at least 2 children, and is not the most honest person - she's certainly not honest with herself.

If she persists, and crosses the boundary of annoying to threatening, you should consider is a restraining order. (Different states have different standards for what rises to the level of justifying a restraining order. I don't know CA's, and I have no idea whether she has crossed that boundary.)

CdwJava

I did about 6 years ago. That was a different case which led to me getting custody of our daughter, this is a different case that I have nothing to do with. As I stated above the Ombudsman stated that in their notes there is no mention of me in any of their notes on this open case. I'm more concerned about Karen giving out the info to my ex. The Ombudsman and CWS are both investigating the issue to make sure in fact she is not giving out the info in both cases. Both agencies said she should have never giving out any info period. Open or Closed case. This whole situation is stressing me out. My Ex keeps sending nasty texts and harassing me.
If the ex is harassing you by phone or text, call the police as this could be a crime in CA per PC 653m.

CdwJava

She is mentioning things from the past "Closed Case" that were never even mentioned in court when she lost Custody of our daughter. Omsbudsman said my Ex should not know any of these details period. My Ex is blaming for Past and Present calls. Like I stated above, I have NOT made any calls to CPS for this new case against her.
Whether or not the ex SHOULD have known something does not mean that someone leaked any confidential info. There are always numerous ways to find out something like this over time. Especially since you probably told people about your complaint to CPS, there is just as likely a chance that the info made its way back to the ex over the years through side channels. Absent a confession by the employee or a "smoking gun", chances are the personnel matter will be inconclusive.

gonephishing

Whether or not the ex SHOULD have known something does not mean that someone leaked any confidential info. There are always numerous ways to find out something like this over time. Especially since you probably told people about your complaint to CPS, there is just as likely a chance that the info made its way back to the ex over the years through side channels. Absent a confession by the employee or a "smoking gun", chances are the personnel matter will be inconclusive.
Thanks for assuming I have a big mouth, Need help and answers, Not accusations. but thanks for some of your info.

CdwJava

Thanks for assuming I have a big mouth, Need help and answers, Not accusations. but thanks for some of your info.
Not assuming you have a big mouth, but I have yet to meet ANYONE who has a complaint about an ex and their children who does not tell someone - usually several someones. And if that someone tells someone it just balloons on and on. And since the two of you likely have a few friends and family that intersect, the odds are someone would say something. Like it or not, that's at least as likely as some social worker having loose lips.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
That will be personal.
Unless you have quantifiable personal damages, and this party as a direct cause, I think you are SOL.

The person you should have a gripe with is your ex. The reason CPS is on her case is that people - not just you - have reported her, and rather than try to become a better parent and take responsibility, she's lashing out.

CdwJava

Not to mention that filing "charges" implies CRIMINAL charges. I don't see that a criminal case can be made here. Making a claim for damages and filing a lawsuit would be about the money, but, absent quantifiable damages, I don't know that this would even get in the door. Not to mention that the investment just to play could be $15,000+.

gonephishing

Never said anything about a Lawsuit or seeking Money. Stop assuming. Getting off track of the question I asked in the beginning but that's Ok. Will report back after I'm done dealing with both agencies and see what they do. Hopefully by the end of the week I should know something. Thanks for the help and some good ideas!

CdwJava

Well, you DID say you would be "filing charges" against "them" without defining who "them" might be, or what sort of charges you think could be filed. Thus, people were asking for clarification since no crime appears to be committed and a tort might be hard to identify and pursue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">