• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child protective laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

katt69

I would like to know what ae the laws for the case workers to come into your house and ? your children if the legal parent is not there?

I

indysucks

I don't know what state you are in, but in Pennsylvania, child welfare workers can go into homes, schools, etc., and question a child regarding allegations surrounding abuse & neglect. The reason it's not required for parents to be present is, for example, because, (especially if the parent is the "alleged perpetrator,") chances are the child won't tell the truth/be accurate in your presence. It's all part of the confidential investigation process under Child Protective Services Law. Caseworkers are also legally bound to maintain confidentiality of the reporter of allegations. My recommendation would be to anonymously call your local child welfare agency and ask the intake worker about their policy/procedures surrounding child protective services investigations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">