• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child protective services issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My family started hosting a foreign exchange student about 1 month ago. Some things got said and done and the organizer of the program removed the foreign exchange student from my family over the weekend.

The organizer is also a child protective worker. She heard the foreign exchange side of the story and heard ours. She said she would need to file a report about the incident and she doesn't know if it will be filed to whatever authorities.. she doesn't know. She just said perhaps, someone will get in contact with us and ask us some questions.

Just for your information... nothing physical happened with the child. She's 16 years old.

My question is: should I be contacted by whomever, should I refrain from answering the questions and seek an attorney or just answer their questions. Again, I don't know who it will be if they call us.



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Wow, whatever happened, it was obviously thought serious enough to remove the child.

Seek a lawyer wise on potential issues/crimes/etc and wise on the whole F-1 exchange student Immigration issue.

Do not talk to anyone without your attorney being present OR once you get an attorney, instruct them to contact your attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential